A real-time strategy (RTS) & multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game similar to Rise Of Nations that is semi-realistic / arcade but has a cartoonist low-poly look. We are trying to gear this toward causal players by using ranked vs normal area divided. This will be a continuous content feature driven game that we will continue to support going forward.
- You start your journey as a newly joined, low ranking, member of the military. As you rise through the ranks you will earn rewards that are selected both inside and outside of gameplay, as well as perks in the game. You will be given more and more battlefield assets and units as time and rank increase.
- Faction affiliation will be based on players and dispersed evenly by the system.
- Your faction will give you tasks to do as you move up in the rank. These will become increasingly difficult without the right units.
- You will need to replenish your stocks before going to war again by buying ammo, and supplies with your earning or using diplomatic contacts.
- Out of the game, you will work on gaining contacts that will give you objective to complete and bonus when you are in good with them.
- Selecting skills known as reinforcements for your commander to use in-game that will provide additional gameplay strategies.
- Suburbs in-game are used for diplomatic purposes and will give you bonuses and secondary objectives to complete. You will capture these by the units in your faction's embassy.
- Standard gameplay will be building a base, build units, upgrade your military, complete the mission objective. This part will reset each time a new game is started.
- In the end, the player will be given a reward of XP and currency to spend on new units and building.
- As you move up in rank you will be given more and more units, structure to select to purchase for your command.
Game Art Direction (GAD)
- Game Art Style and Direction
Unique Feature Set
- Immerse yourself into the type of commander you want to be by customizing your character.
- Commanding 1000+ Units and Structure for all sorts of strategies and replayability.
- Unique scenarios that can be solved in many ways, what way is right for you?
- Create a level of diplomacy inside and outside of the game along with normal RTS gameplay feature.
- In game advancement tree that is unique to the play style.
- Take a diplomatic approach to warfare negotiation.
- Medium Past Arcade Action (40 Minute Games)
- In/Out of Game Diplomatic Relationships
- War Mayhem
- Minecraft /Low Poly Art Style Graphic for Soldier, Structure, and Units with Zelda: Beath of the Wild or Forged Battalion Color Schema. Here you can find the Armament Video Game Art Style and Direction (GAD) information for more intel on our art direction.
- RTS Mechanic
- Abilities and action should be on the lower keys z,x,c,v,b,n and m for map.
- Control groups using 1 ~ 9 to allow for easy unit selection for objectives.
- W: Screen pan up
- A: Screen pan left
- S: Screen pan down
- D; Screen pan right
- Left Click: Select Asset
- Right Click: Move Selected Asset or Set Wave Point
These units need to be predictable so that its feel natural to the player to outsmart them.
- Target selection
- Asset Building
- Auto Attack
- Find and Destroy / Capture
- Micromanagement task
- 1. Deathmatch
- Free-for-all: kill everyone.
- Team Deathmatch
- Co-op: kill everyone else.
- Complete the given tasks
- To keep the game fair, we will impose a unit total for each battlefield to be decided at the start of the game.
- The amount of cost (unit total points) necessary will depend on the unit being created. The more powerful the unit the higher the cost.
- Unit totals will be decided before the start of the game and cannot be altered in-game.
- Unit Total will be based on the max allowed to the lowest ranking member in the match.
Currency for purchasing buildings and assets during gameplay:
- Beginning resources will be determined by the lowest ranking player on the battlefield.
- Power references energy, not influence.
- A small amount of power is generated by the Command Center in order to allow the building of the FOB.
- Maintaining buildings requires power. If you don't have excess power, you cannot build another building.
- Wealth & Campaign Funding
- Each player begins with a baseline amount at the beginning of the game which varies according to the rank of the player.
- Wealth can be increased during gameplay by capturing resource points on the map.
- Wealth is necessary to create units and buildings.
- Unit Total
- Unit limit will increase as the rank of the player increases.
- Unit limit will be set before the start of the game and cannot be changed in-game.
- PVP: Unit limits will be set to the max allowed to the lowest ranking player to ensure an even playing field.
- Each unit/asset will be given a value which will translate into how many units it takes up.
- A level for units willingness to fight.
- This will act as a percentage for the units accuracy and response time to wage war.
Core attributes for each asset; additionally, the differences between the assets:
- Units may have unique abilities
- Each unit will be given a set number of actions they can do.
- Unit Assets List
Structure List for your base and what each structure does:
- Some structure will have a defense ability
- Structure Assets List
In game upgrades for units and structures provided by structures and over time:
- Command Center Tech 2 (Link to Wiki)
Unit equipment to add more gameplay strategies provided by the armory:
- Incendiary Grenades (Link to Wiki)
Abilities, actions, or effects that happen in-game on a timed cue or by the player's action for abilities
- Selectable by the player and set before the beginning of the match.
- Are predefined out of the game. You will be given a list of abilities and only allowed to take 2 into the game
- Reinforcements are earned with rank.
- Air Drop Paratroopers
- Reconnaissance updates
- Air strikes
Diplomacy that will give in-game attributes to your units and operations. Geared towards gameplay effect on the battlefield: This is for battlefield diplomacy and stat boost.
- Contacts are selected out-of-game and have attributes they give in-game bonuses.
- You will risk losing the favor of a contact if you go against there wishes or political views.
- Contacts will not be a stable aspect of the game. They will not all be happy with you all the time... some might even hate you.
- Diplomacy: (Contact personality examples)
- Hillary Clinton
- Frank Underwood
- Human Rights Movement Activist
Enemies or Allies on the battlefield based on contact made in-game:
- These are capture points. First come first served.
- Suburb will fire upon opposing players once an alliance has been made.
- Suburb will clear fog-of-war to allow enemy units to be visible.
- Suburb may or may not be allied with a contact. This gives the potential for allies, enemies, or neutral parties.
- Contact with a suburb must be made by a military unit.
- Spawn Points
- Resource Points
- Terrain: Land, Air, and Sea
- Props for landmarks and terrain enhancements
- Level design will be a concept like a famous battle or design/location that can be identified easily.
Order, functionality, and structure of the overall interface:
- Basic 2D Hud for in-game
- 2D static images for the menu system
Setting for in and out of the game:
- Game Play
End user profile setting:
- Credit Card
Out of Game Rewards
Reward system for out of game level gain:
- Rank is based on the USMC ranking system
- Rank is earned by gameplay only
- Each time you earn a new rank you gain stats in and out of game bonus
- Are earned as an achievement for accomplishing tasks in the game
- Ribbons are the easiest to earn
- Are earned as an achievement for accomplishing tasks in the game
- Metals are harder to earn then Ribbons
- Dog Tags
- Are earned as an achievement for accomplishing tasks in the game
- Dog tags are the hardest reward to get
Family disputes are some of the most bitter and enduring conflicts known to mankind. Ours is the story of a family dispute that divided an empire. Centuries later, the perspectives that caused such a severe break continue to fuel the fury of war and threaten the destruction on the remnants of a once great civilization. One man’s traditionalist is another man’s tyrant as one man’s personal freedom is another man’s irresponsible affront imperiling the very foundations of society.
- Character Card: There will be a minimum of four character cards available to be chosen by the player. Each card will represent the base characteristics of the player character being created.
- Each card will contain customizable traits that will afford individual bonuses and penalties based on their selection.
- The availability of choices further in character creation and in gameplay will vary depending on the character card.
- Pedigree: College Selection will add unique bonuses and general history to the player character.
- We will be using fabricated institutions which have similar attributes to actual universities.
- University availability will depend on Character Card.
- Credentials: Skill tree of your history and future to add in-game bonuses (geared toward units). This will increase stats of the player character.
- Each player character begins with three points in credentials.
- Used to select a list of expertise to build a unique character that has special traits and abilities in-game.
- Special training MOS codes may be used as part of the skill tree.
- Credentials are earned by increasing rank.
- External Sources
- Combat Mission Support Officer
- bring the full force of your military might. This officer brings the firepower to the fight with access to units such as infantrymen and armored vehicles
- Foreign Affairs Officer
- Influence combat with nuance. Increase the morale of you men or decrease your enemy's. Has access to spy units and other subtle units.
- Logistic Officer
- manages your resources and economy in the field. Gathers and collects what you need to fund your campaign.
- Engineering Officer
- Plans and structures your base. Doing the construction work so you can have a base to operate from.
Graphical User Interface design
In this picture, we provide a rough outline as to how the player will interact with the officers.
The global stats and resources will be placed up top
on the side, probably lower to the bottom would be four thumbnails for each of the officers
at the bottom starting from the left will be
- the avatars portrait
- Stats of the officer and platoon
- what units are currently in the platoon and their status
- actions and ability for the officer to take
Music should be calm and natural when not in combat. Once engaged in battle the music should switch to a doom like either kill or be killed sound.
Actual Game Play
- You spawn with a backhoe (builder unit) to start building. You will select the location to build your Command Center.
- You will collect resources and proceed with adding other buildings and creating units. Each unit will have abilities and effects on the battlefield to assist in completing the objective of the game.
- Conquer the battlefield using military units to destroy the enemy and use diplomatic ties to degrade there morale to continue fighting.
- Interact with suburb area for secondary objective and bonus.
Actual Game Flow
Early Game - (Duration: Around 10 minutes)
At this early point of the game players should be passive and attempt to adapt the battlefield as soon as possible. During this point of game it should have the least combat involved.
- Goals & Objectives:
=> Collect Resource. Players have to focus on collecting resources as soon as the game started in order to be able to build structures, units, or buying stocks in the shortest time possible.
=> Scout. While collecting resources, player can also send some small troops out to the battlefield to scout other possible resource points, position of suburbs and possibly even enemy's location and progress.
=> Officers: Early Game Officers does not mean passive officers who focus on collect resource. Early Game officers mean that officers that are probably strongest during this stage. Usually are aggressive officers.
For example, Impatient officers which has more speed and less health will be attempt to approach the game in a more aggressive way and try to end the game before the game even reach Late Game as they will be less useful in the later stage of the game since they are too squishy due to lack of health.
*Note that Faction will be less important in this stage as players has not capable enough to even complete the objectives given yet, unless the objective given are as simple as "collect x resources".
2) Mid Game - (Duration: Around 20 minutes)
Both parties started to have stable income and proceed to snowball. Small/short battle will occur quite frequently outside of both parties' bases.
Goals & Objectives:
=> Expand Base. As far as I concern, every resource point will be deplete eventually. If that's the case players should be started to expand their base to other resources point at this point of the game. Even the resource point will not deplete base expansion is still a legit action to make in order to get more resources quickly.
=> Battle for resource point. Either party will need to expand base and will somehow meet at a same resource point eventually. This is where small fights will occur. Resource point will be something like a "small objective" that will provide small advantage for winning parties.
=> Suburb. This is the point where suburb will be most important objective as it can provide a great advantage for map advantage. Both parties will be also fight for suburb.
=> Officers: Mid Game officers will be more Objective Oriented and Snowbally officers, which mean they get small advantage on early game and use the advantage to secure more advantages as the game moves on.
For example, player who aim for Mid Game will choose Dedicated officers that has increased experienced while having penalty of obligation of defending suburb as during early game they will have higher level than opponent and use this advantage to maybe complete faction quest or secure suburb.
*Faction will be more important now as most of the task could probably be completed.
3) Late Game - (Duration: 10 minutes)
Most intense stage in the game. At this point Resources will be nearly not important anymore as most of the building or structures are probably built. Resources will only needed for ammo/supplies in this stage. This stage players will probably All or Nothing and have the most comeback potential.
Goals & Objectives:
=> Upgrade expensive building for All out attack. During this point player would probably have more than enough resources to upgrade their building to final form (Assuming players are not overwhelmed by opponent). Player will upgrade building to get strongest units/weapons in order to go for a big war.
=> Morale. Morale hold a bigger win condition in the Late Game as it will massively affect soldier's action and hence, player's power. Player should be also focusing on increasing own unit's morale while try their best to decrease opponent's morale.
=> Fight until the end. In Late Game, players will be focusing on big fights and attempt to attack and drop down opponent base.
=> Officers: Late Game are usually for officers that are pretty weak Early Game and extremely powerful as the game goes on. Late Game officers are usually pretty vulnerable in Early Game and pretty passive.
For example, Energetic officers will be spending all the time "farming" resource due to the bonus more resource collection provided and when late game reaches, they will have more than enough resources to defend themselves or even overwhelm opponent with mass amount of weapons/unit/structures and may even have expensive extremely powerful building/weapon that can be built/bought easily.
*This stage probably won't and shouldn't be too long as players usually already exhausted from nearly a long 20-30 minute game. Usually game beyond 40 minutes will make players too tired to continue and probably give up due to the game being too long.
Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
Features planned to be included in the MVP
- Camera Works. Can zoom in and out, pan the screen, and can rotate using hotkeys.
- Units are able to be selected
- Units Move Naturally
- Being able to spawn a building from a unit
- Being able to spawn a unit from a building
- Units will attack another unit if commanded to do so
- Units will attack a structure if commanded to do so
A playable section of the game as if the game was finished but only allows for a subset of the gameplay for demo purposes.
Features planned to be included in the Vertical Slice
- A new map suited for 2v2 or free for all play
- With resource nodes
- landscape features like mountains trees and rocks
- Multiple units
- flying unit, helo
- land unit, tank
- infantry unit
- builder unit
- Units can be grouped ctrl+1-9
- Working Gui system
- Can give commands through GUI
- build units
- build building
- select attack command
- select hold position
- select formation
- view resources
- view population
- activate skills and abilities
- Will display targets in group and stats of single target/building
- Special hero/general/officer building
- Can activate helpful skills
- Missle strike
- Show area or region (vision of map)
- Empower units (buff)
- at least 4 members can play
- free for all or 2v2
These list of feature that will not be included in the prototyping at first.
- Team Deathmatch
- Advancement of Upgrades
- Out of Game Rewards
Development Road-map / Launch Criteria
List out the Milestone, Platform Target, Audience Target, and Launch Date
- Platform: IBM PC Windows 10+, Xbox, PS4 (if possible given control issue we want them all to be able to play together like FF11 was to PC & PS2)
- Age: 18 - 30
- Gender: Male
- Interest: Strategy, Puzzles, War, Military, Chess, Chinese Go, Realistic, Art of War, Action, Arcade, Run and Gun, Blow Stuff Up
- Milestone Listing
- Menu User Interface 4/1/2018
- Game User Interface 5/1/2018
- 3d Asset 6/1/2018
- Mechanics 7/1/2018
- Asset Spawning
- Asset Moving w/Mouse
- Asset Animation
- Asset Action UI Button Click
- Attack w/Damage
- Level 8/1/2018
- Xenko Testing Ground
- Resource Location
- Artificial Intelligent 9/1/2018
- Path Finding
- Polish 11/1/2018
- Arcade Style Game Play
- Launch Date (Minimum Viable Product / MVP): 9/1/2018
Items that will not make it to beta to start with:
- Armament Wiki Wishlist
48101FalseTrue4/24/2017 4:15:40 PM11/8/2020 5:25:23 PMArmament Video Game Design DocumentArmament Game Design DocumentArmament Game Design DocumentTesames.Library.Models.Partial.Statistics.ItemApprovedFalseTesames.Library.Models.Site.Alias.ItemFalseFalseTrueFalse/administrator/wikiitem/querySystem.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String]False78https://www.thoucurator.com/themes/tc/images/tc-logo.pngArmament Video Game Design Document
Visual Studio 2019
Clip Studio Paint