• Concept of Level Design

Attendance
Meeting Notes Art Review 1stLt James Fleming Lead Game Producer
Meeting Notes Art Review GySgt Mel Dawdy Lead Game Artist 2D

Thanks,
James Fleming 
Facebook
Discord

Awards: Acquired more then 40 hours logged Acquired more then 120 objective in the role 5 Contribute to an agenda that is not yours more than 7 hours. Created 9 blogs or more in 18 month period. Has remained a member on standby for more then 28 days without quitting. Has not received a System Automation notice in over 9 months. Created 3 blogs or more in 6 month period. Member receives newsletter.

Created: 2/2/2016 5:24:31 PM
Updated: 8/21/2018 3:03:49 AM

Game Producer

Member Replies 13
Member Follows 11
sounds good, i'll await instruction. currently trying to download the build 

Awards: Acquired more then 40 hours logged Acquired more then 120 objective in the role 5 Contribute to an agenda that is not yours more than 7 hours. Created 9 blogs or more in 18 month period. Has remained a member on standby for more then 28 days without quitting. Has not received a System Automation notice in over 9 months. Created 3 blogs or more in 6 month period. Member receives newsletter.
Created: 2/2/2016 3:21:30 PM
Updated: 8/26/2022 8:00:31 PM

Game Producer

Member Replies 748
Member Follows 126
Mel sorry for the delay I have been working with the writer to get a better idea of map assets etc.  All the information for the role coming from writer role will be on the Theater 1 Outline.

A skybox is as follows, look at the picture on this page says UP, LEFT, RIGHT etc etc.

I will post more info on the model direction once I have a meeting with Matthew.

Thanks,
James Fleming

Thanks,
James Fleming 
Facebook
Discord

Created: 1/27/2016 7:19:07 PM

Game Producer

Member Replies 13
Member Follows 11
Ok, I will download ASAP and check out the GUI screens. Trying to get up to speed.  Keep me updated on the models so i can get a visual of what it is you're speaking of. :)
Can you explain to me what you mean by skybox?  Not familiar with this term, will also try to do some research myself this evening as allowed to get a better idea.
Mel

Created: 1/26/2016 7:00:43 PM

Game Producer

Member Replies 748
Member Follows 126
I think the first thing would be to start reviewing the art for GUI.  If you download the beta in the demo section you should be able to see the GUI screens.  These are all white with text in the top right.  We need a them to have background images per screen or maybe to speed things up one image for all until we have time to address them each.  I think that should be what we do and we will start fitting them in as we go.

So when you have time to join us on the sprint I think that will be the first task.

The second thing would be to allow us to create models using texture once i get a model I will show you the layout of it and we can discuss it from their this might be  afew sprints but designing them like to have metal plates or camo etc will be in texture form.  This we need a sample of IMO before we can complete this.

2d Texture like grass, skybox etc will aslo be needed as we start creating the levels that we are moving too now.

Thanks,
James Fleming

Thanks,
James Fleming 
Facebook
Discord

Created: 1/26/2016 6:08:45 PM

Game Producer

Member Replies 13
Member Follows 11
Ok, gotcha. So what exactly would you like for me to do? As you assign things I can ask any questions I may have as they arise. I'm down to help in whatever way I can

Created: 1/25/2016 12:38:28 PM

Game Producer

Member Replies 748
Member Follows 126
Art Direction for Story:

The story for this game seems to be dragging on and on.  When Melisa made a suggestion to do the story comic book for the home page I figured it wold be OK but I was under the assumption it would take a few sprints at tops.  This does not seem to be the case however now.  So I think we should move back over to the game as a priority until we have time for the story art.  Which with the me moving over to 3d Modeling to fill the gap maybe a bit.

Art for Graphical User Interface:

The screens are pretty much done we only have 5 left.  We need a design concept for these screens.  Since one has not been brought up I would like to talk about what design concepts we could do that will blend together screen to screen as a user progresses though the game application.

Concept of Level Design:

As I mention earlier we will be working on 3d Models now with me so I will need a texturing partner to help with layout of the look and feel of models and 2d static images for the levels.

Thanks,

James Fleming

Thanks,
James Fleming 
Facebook
Discord

login
SERVICES
Animator Artist 2d Artist 3d Audio Engineer Game Creation Game Producer Graphic Designer Marketing Package Asset Programmer Story & Asset Writer Tutorial Video Production
ARTICLE CATEGORY
Services