Created: 11/6/2015 4:37:16 PM
Updated: 12/9/2015 4:04:38 PM

Game Sound Effects

Thread Replies: 26
Thread Followers: 27
Category

Audio 20151106

Hey everyone!

I'd be willing to record for seasonal sounds during spring and summer. Perhaps one of you guys could record for winter or fall if is getting cold where you are? We only have spring and summer in Hawaii :P

Also, how should we do the asset listing? Word Doc, Excel Sheet, Google Docs?

Thanks,
Shayn Toothman

Awards: Has a court marshal on record. Created 3 liaison message in 3 month period. Add personal notes to their account. Has had another status other then active. Reported a bug on the website. Served more then 12 months on the team Created 3 assets or more in 3 month period. Has remained a member on standby for more then 28 days without quitting.

Created: 12/9/2015 4:04:38 PM
Updated: 8/17/2017 4:00:06 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 65
Member Follows 27
Hey everyone, I apologize for my lengthy absence and lack of progress thus far. I've been caught up with school and other things. On the bright side, my schedule is clearing up, and school ends in a week so I will have a lot of time to work! Also, I just got a bunch of new vsts so I will be testing those out, and I'm also gonna get a midi synthesizer to help with writing and editing :) @Sean we haven't set up a new forum so you are all good

Awards: Has a court marshal on record. Created 3 liaison message in 3 month period. Add personal notes to their account. Has had another status other then active. Reported a bug on the website. Served more then 12 months on the team Created 3 assets or more in 3 month period. Has remained a member on standby for more then 28 days without quitting.
Created: 12/9/2015 8:44:29 AM
Updated: 12/5/2016 3:49:53 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 51
Member Follows 16
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if there's a forum that I'm not included on because I haven't been up to date on what's happening and you guys seem to be doing lots :)

My company has just changed to Gmail so not sure if the setting have changed.

Sean

Created: 11/25/2015 3:07:04 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 51
Member Follows 16
Great stuff guys. Looking forward to hearing the fruits of your labours(Sorry, just can't bring myself to use the US spelling!!!)

Created: 11/24/2015 5:34:32 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 65
Member Follows 27
ATM, I need to get some recordings but the soonest I can get them is next week, so not really much any of us can do. Thanks though! I'm working on an ambient piece to set the mood in case there are any stealth missions, and I'm also planning another short but driving piece for the menus. The action piece is on the back burner as of now.

Created: 11/23/2015 7:58:10 AM
Updated: 10/25/2018 3:04:27 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 157
Member Follows 58
I don't have anything at the moment Sean, thanks for the offer.

-Robert GameSoundEffect

Created: 11/23/2015 6:19:24 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 51
Member Follows 16
Hey guys,

It looks like a post I thought I'd uploaded never did, sorry about that! I'm not sure if it's because I access the forum through 3 different devices but  seems to happen a lot for me.

Anyway, I hope you had nice weekends and I'm wondering if you need any help closing off our assignment. Ideally, we would like to not have to extend the deadline again so, as always, I'm available for any help you need, even donkey work if you don't have time for it.

Sean

Created: 11/18/2015 3:15:14 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 65
Member Follows 27
If you go to assets, you should be able to listen to them since we are all high enough ranks. It should open in another tab and play the audio.

I'll start working on another simple melody/chord progression for another menu track, and I will continue my work on the militaristic one as well.

Created: 11/18/2015 8:06:25 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 157
Member Follows 58
Hi Sean!
We did submit the weather sounds, but they are not on soundcloud.
Any chance you can listen to them on here?

I can upload them to soundcloud if you want me to.

Cheers!

-Robert GameSoundEffect

Created: 11/18/2015 3:08:51 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 51
Member Follows 16
Hey guys, how are we doing?

Have we submitted the weather sounds? Are they on Soundcloud, perchance? I'd love to have a listen.

Created: 11/12/2015 12:09:20 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 65
Member Follows 27
I'm currently working on some engine sounds for air vehicles, but I'll probably just turn it in next sprint. Like you said, I think we should extend this agenda for an indefinite amount of time, so we can just add more and more over time, as we don't know what sounds we will need until the game has made some more progress.

Created: 11/11/2015 10:06:27 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 157
Member Follows 58
@ Shayn 

I will be closing out "Create weather sounds" tomorrow.
Are you planning on turning anything in? 

I ask James if we could extend this one.

**Edit** I am not sure if me closing this out will effect you.

Cheers!

-Robert GameSoundEffect

Created: 11/10/2015 6:51:23 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 157
Member Follows 58
@Sean
I take it that you will be turning in the list to James?

-Robert GameSoundEffect

Created: 11/10/2015 6:49:59 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 157
Member Follows 58
Right! I am preparing my rocket to capture some meteor showers! XD

-Robert GameSoundEffect

Created: 11/10/2015 6:13:07 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 65
Member Follows 27
From glancing at the theater 1 wiki, it looks like we will need to record sounds for meteor showers, dust storms/devils, weapons (probably later though), footsteps and engine sounds for the mechs, and some other special ability stuff. I can use my airplane recordings for the air vehicle engines.

Created: 11/9/2015 7:51:12 PM
Updated: 8/16/2016 11:16:38 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 33
Member Follows 18
you guys are amazing!!! Keep up the good work :)

Created: 11/9/2015 2:39:47 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 65
Member Follows 27
Hey guys, great brainstorming!

Remember when we were working on the militaristic war menu tracks? Well I'm still working on mine, it should be perfect for war scenes :) I believe I have about 1.5 minutes worth, but it is lacking on harmony at  the moment, and I still need to record the percussion IRL, add synths, VSTs, mix, etc. so maybe I'll be done in like a month XD

I'm off of school on Wednesday, so I should have some time to do some more writing, along with some field recording. Is there a way that I can have the agenda assigned to me as well?

Created: 11/9/2015 11:20:59 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 157
Member Follows 58
Full ramming speed ahead! XD

This may take me more than this week to complete, so I may need to extend this.

Cheers!
-Robert GameSoundEffect

Created: 11/9/2015 10:59:56 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 51
Member Follows 16
Hey Robert,

Great stuff, thank you :)

Regarding the artwork it is on the Agenda but, at the moment, we only have one artist so we will have to make do for now.

James hasn't forgotten about this but we will just need to plough on ahead for a while.

Created: 11/9/2015 10:08:44 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 157
Member Follows 58
"Sounds" good! I shall start working on some seasonal sounds then.

As far as listing go, good work Shayn, we can adjust as we go.

@Sean  Do you know when we get to see some artwork? This will help out a lot.

-Robert GameSoundEffect

Created: 11/9/2015 3:37:43 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 51
Member Follows 16
Hey all, I hope you're all keeping well!

Nice work on the lists. I think I'd be leaning more towards Shayn's thinking in that we drill down a bit further and make sub-categories.
Regarding which tracks to use in-game I'm wondering if we could do with another track(s?), something a bit beefy for fighting and war scenes. I think we've put some good tunes together but maybe we need a bit more in this area; what do you all think?

@Audio, if you two would like to create the Seasonal effects then I'm happy with that too but I would like us to also upload the pieces individually too so that we have more flexibility in future. For example, in addition to uploading your Autumn piece also upload the individual elements, leaves blowing, rain drizzling, wind etc.
We may not need these but it can be good to have these SFX trigger randomly rather than play throughout. As you mention on the Scrum forum Robert, we don't want weather sounds competing with action sounds in-game.

Looking good though gents. If you need me to help with anything, or take a season, let me know. I'm free, more or less, till Friday now so can help out of you need me.

Created: 11/7/2015 3:28:29 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 65
Member Follows 27
Alright, cool Robert! I believe we should separate them into more specific categories when we start getting more and more assets. Example:

Menu Music
  • Splash Screen
  • Menu 01
  • Menu 02
  • Menu 03
  • War Menu
  • Storms Over Venus (?)

In Game Music (Plays during levels)
  • Omens (?)
  • Storms Over Venus (?)
  • Kerouac Simm (?)

Cutscene Music?
  • Omens (?)
  • Storms Over Venus (?)
  • Kerouac Simm (?)

GUI SFX 
(clicks, buttons, etc.)
  • Click 1
  • Click 5
  • Menu 04

Environmental SFX (weather, sparks, mechanisms, explosions, footsteps?)

Weapon SFX

Vehicle SFX
  • Tank Standby
  • Tank Stop
  • Tank Gear Change
  • Tank Driving 1
  • Tank Driving 2
  • Tank Starting

Commentary
  • Page 1
  • Page 2
  • Page 3
  • Page 4
  • Page 5
  • Page 7
  • Page 8/1
  • Page 8/2
  • Page 9
  • Page 10
  • Page 11
  • Page 12

Created: 11/7/2015 1:14:49 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 157
Member Follows 58
Reply:  James or Melisa.
Is there a way to split the "Create weather sounds" between Shayn and myself? I didn't think the item would disappear  after I selected it.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :( 

-Robert GameSoundEffect

Created: 11/7/2015 10:38:14 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 157
Member Follows 58
So here is my list. Feel free to change it or add more music sections?

Music/Sound Menu
  • Storms over Venus
  • Omens
  • Kerouac Simm
  • Splash Screen
  • Menu 01
  • Menu 02 
  • Menu 03
  • War Menu

Chapter 1 Commentary
  • Page 1
  • Page 2
  • Page 3
  • Page 4
  • Page 5
  • Page 7
  • Page 8/1
  • Page 8/2
  • Page 9
  • Page 10
  • Page 11
  • Page 12

Vehicles/Tank
  • Tank Standby
  • Tank stop
  • Tank gear change
  • Tank Driving 1
  • Tank Driving 2
  • Tank Starting

Mouse Click  
  • Click 1
  • Click 5
  • Menu 04

Feel free to add anything! A total of 29 sound files!

Cheers!

-Robert GameSoundEffect

Created: 11/6/2015 9:13:02 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 65
Member Follows 27
I agree with Robert, we need to get a look at the maps for ideas for environmental sounds. I already have rain and thunder covered in my sound library so we can use those, but we would need more ideas.

Created: 11/6/2015 7:39:04 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 157
Member Follows 58
I have a question about the seasons, are the maps going to have trees? Or what about snow? I'm thinking it is going to be a war zone so I don't want to make leaves blowing in the wind. I'd like to get a look at the maps, if at all possible so I can get an idea of the setting. Otherwise, I could make some wind sounds for winter, and rain for fall/autumn.

What is everyone's thought?
-Robert GameSoundEffect

Created: 11/6/2015 4:41:05 PM
Updated: 9/26/2022 7:54:28 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 748
Member Follows 126
Posting a list on the kanban forum is fine I just need a number count more then anything and what asset below to what category.

Thanks,
James Fleming

Thanks,
James Fleming 
Facebook
Discord

Login
SERVICES
Animator Artist 2d Artist 3d Audio Engineer Game Creation Game Producer Graphic Designer Marketing Package Asset Programmer Story & Asset Writer Tutorial Video Production
ARTICLE CATEGORY
Animation Audio Production Cloud Gaming Game Development Graphic Design Marketing NFT Game Development Services Video Production