Created: 10/26/2015 4:03:09 AM
Updated: 7/3/2017 3:28:11 PM

Game Sound Effects

Thread Replies: 11
Thread Followers: 16
Category

Audio Scrum Sprint 10252015

We knew this day would come...

Awards: Has had another status other then active. Served more then 12 months on the team Quick to get involved you started on an agenda with in one week of joining Thou Curator. Created 18 liaison replies in 6 month period. Created 9 assets or more in 6 month period. Created 12 forum replies or more in 9 month period. Has remained a member on standby for more then 28 days without quitting. Dedicated more than 10 hours in a single agenda for the current project.
by: Sean Judd

Created: 10/28/2015 3:45:06 AM
Updated: 12/5/2016 3:49:53 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 51
Member Follows 16

@Melisa, seconded; that is VERY cool! One of my friends' sisters went out with Coco Beware, remember him? He always tells the story of how Coco Beware came out to hang out with him and his other 11 year-old friends in his little Dublin suburb ha ha!

@Shayn, thanks buddy. Oh yeah, there are 2 versions. Well spotted! I'll delete the draft. Cool, we're looking forward to hearing your other piece but take your time.

Awards: Has had another status other then active. Served more then 12 months on the team Quick to get involved you started on an agenda with in one week of joining Thou Curator. Created 18 liaison replies in 6 month period. Created 9 assets or more in 6 month period. Created 12 forum replies or more in 9 month period. Has remained a member on standby for more then 28 days without quitting. Dedicated more than 10 hours in a single agenda for the current project.
Created: 10/27/2015 11:02:14 PM
Updated: 8/17/2017 4:00:06 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 65
Member Follows 27

Hey everyone! Sorry, as you can tell, I haven't quit school yet :P

@Sean Thank you for the kind words :) I like what you did to Omens, a lot more bass frequencies and I love the fade off!

I'll smooth out the volumes and do some compression for Storms, perhaps maybe add some wind too

Also, there are two instances of splash screen music, perhaps we should remove the draft?

I'm still working on my march if there is space, it's probably gonna take a while though :p

Otherwise, I think we are set to go :)

Created: 10/27/2015 7:41:42 PM
Updated: 10/25/2018 3:04:27 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 157
Member Follows 58

@ Melisa

Whoa! Sooo COOL!Reply:

-Robert GameSoundEffect

Created: 10/27/2015 10:58:23 AM
Updated: 8/16/2016 11:16:38 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 33
Member Follows 18

I remember WWF, my great uncle is chuck adcox, he trained and wrestled with bob orton (randy ortons grandpa) 

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/bios/c/chuck-adcox/

now go make music ;)

Created: 10/27/2015 8:14:29 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 157
Member Follows 58

Reply:  Sean

What is WWE? :D

I think you should upload "Other Moons"

Yes we should keep all that we have for our project. I will see about making the "War Menu" a little longer. - Thanks for your input! (I will wait for Shayns input)

-Robert GameSoundEffect

Created: 10/27/2015 4:51:52 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 51
Member Follows 16

@Robert, ha ha, are you old enough to remember the WWF (it'll never be WWE to me!) wrassler of the same name?!?

Thanks for your input Robert. I took your advice, everyone's advice too actually, under consideration and made the siren more distant and pitched down the trumpet to try give it more beef. Good ear though, it seems that it's now occupying some of the subs that the drone is. I'll fix that this week and thanks for pointing it out. I didn't hear it as much at 1:00 but at 0:44 definitely.

I agree with all of your recommendations regarding http://www.thoucurator.com/asset.information/listasset?roleid=3&projectid=7

It really is some great work but, if I'm not mistaken, it's for a previous Thou Curator project and, naturally, I would like for us to provide original audio for this project, consistent with its very different setting, historically :)

Robert, to be clear, are you saying that all of the work in http://www.thoucurator.com/asset.information/listasset?roleid=3&projectid=1 has your vote and then you're just providing feedback on the tracks you mention? If so, I agree 100%

With Storms Over Venus I would like to smooth out the volume peaks a little at 0:16, 1:13 and, possible, 1:37 for about 5 seconds. I could be wrong but it feels as if the volume is increasing rather than the depth being added through layering. I think it'd be less distracting to build to a crescendo in these cases. As Robert says, some compression too, I think.

@Shayn, I was just saying to my brother the other day that your composition is just great. You can see that you've got a musical background but without having it take over your common sense as to what sounds good.

@Robert, with War menu I think I'd actually prefer it to be longer, if anything! I think you do those long droney pieces really well; that was my first impression when I checked out your Soundcloud and I've been proven right again :) I think it's the texture and layering that does it for me. Like, that kind of guitar feedback sound at 0:50 is a good example. It just gives it a little more.

Great stuff so far. I'll wait for Shayn to weigh in and then we'll close this off.

Just noticed that I don't seem to have uploaded Other Moons. What are your thoughts on that one? Keep it or bin it?

https://soundcloud.com/the-last-stand-2015/other-moons

Created: 10/26/2015 11:05:12 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 157
Member Follows 58

Reply: Sean The Big Boss Man;

Here are my opinions. Keep in mind that I know lots of hard work was done while these files were made. My kudos to these gents!

From the http://www.thoucurator.com/asset.information/listasset?roleid=3&projectid=7 list, I believe that the following should be cut from this project;

Mid Eastern Theme and Beta

UK Theme and Beta

Spain Theme and Beta

Indian Theme and Beta

Brazil Draft

Swooshes 04 ( it's the same as swooshes 03)

Plug Bass

Bass bleep

Mice click 6

Mice click 5

Mice click 4

I believe Mice click 8 can be used as a gun sound

and I am kinda unsure about the "lose" theme... we can hang on to this one for now.

http://www.thoucurator.com/asset.information/listasset?roleid=3&projectid=1

I think we can keep these :P

Storms Over Venus- Perhaps some light compression?

Omens- nicely done on the alarm, not sure if anyone else is getting it but at 0:44 on the left I am getting some crackling same on 1:00.

War Menu- One of these can be deleted...Accidentally uploaded it twice :D

Feel free to comment about my tracks, I'd rather hear it from you guys than from anyone else, I trust your ears.

Again, these are all my opinion.

-Cheers!

-Robert GameSoundEffect

Created: 10/26/2015 2:56:05 PM
Updated: 9/26/2022 7:54:28 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 748
Member Follows 126

We are making a list of what we have so we can figure out what we need.

Thanks,
James Fleming

Thanks,
James Fleming 
Facebook
Discord

Created: 10/26/2015 9:24:41 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 51
Member Follows 16

Ok, thanks @James.

So, we are whittling down the quantity of assets we have so we need to focus on the quality alone. what I would like us to consider is:

1) Is the piece of good enough quality

b) Is its production quality good enough

c) Would remixing/mastering make it good enough quality to be included?

2) Does it fit with your image/vision of what we're trying to create?

b) If not, why not? 

c) Are there changes that you feel would make it fit with your vision?

Let's assume that we will keep everything in for now and just discuss those pieces you feel should be cut or looked at.

Thanks again guys for your continuing great work although, @Shayn, it looks like you haven't left school yet; shame on you :)

STAY IN SCHOOL!

Created: 10/26/2015 8:22:25 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 51
Member Follows 16

Oh god, my original post didn't upload! Damn you Google, damn you to hell ha ha!

Well, the gist of it was that I'm really proud of the work we've produced and that we just need to be thick-skinned and impartial when making these judgements.

I see there are a lot of tracks on there from Leo so what I'd like to do is go through the below and see what we think.

http://www.thoucurator.com/asset.information/listasset?roleid=3&projectid=7

I am just waiting for clarification from James on whether we need to whittle down the tracks to, for example, 5 or whether we just need to get rid of what we don't think cuts the mustard. Once we know that we can ascertain whether we need to kill our darlings or not :)

Created: 10/26/2015 7:55:29 AM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 157
Member Follows 58

Reply:  Woo Hoo! 

Well for starters Sean, if you could erase one of the "War Menu" tracks that I uploaded. Apparently I uploaded it twice. :D 

So how do we want to go about this?

-Robert GameSoundEffect

Login
SERVICES
Animator Artist 2d Artist 3d Audio Engineer Game Creation Game Producer Graphic Designer Marketing Package Asset Programmer Story & Asset Writer Tutorial Video Production
ARTICLE CATEGORY
Animation Audio Production Cloud Gaming Game Development Graphic Design Marketing NFT Game Development Services Video Production