(785) 408-4717
Thou Curator
A company dedicated to helping people create video game ...
Created: 9/5/2015 8:17:41 PM
Updated: 9/6/2015 1:52:25 PM

Game Sound Effects

Thread Replies: 3
Thread Followers: 27
Category

Introduction

Hello everyone!

My name is Shayn Toothman, and I am a new member of the Sound Effects team! I am currently 15, and in my second year of high school. I have been a dedicated musician for a long time, in fact, I started playing piano when I was 4! I am now a percussionist for my school and my state's youth symphony orchestra, and I also play piano and write music for fun! I would like to professionally write music and design sounds for the video game and movie industries. I look forward to learning the ropes of audio design and working with all of you!

By the way, since I am still in school, have extracurricular activities to attend to, and another job, so I hope you guys will be able to understand if I can't work all the time, as I will be splitting my time between all of these. I will however work as often as I can when I have fulfilled my other duties.

https://soundcloud.com/paladin_ultra

Thank you!

-Shayn Toothman

Awards: Has a court marshal on record. Created 3 liaison message in 3 month period. Add personal notes to their account. Has had another status other then active. Reported a bug on the website. Served more then 12 months on the team Created 3 assets or more in 3 month period. Has remained a member on standby for more then 28 days without quitting.

Created: 9/6/2015 1:51:55 PM
Updated: 3/14/2021 3:36:36 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 748
Member Follows 126

@Shayn I dont know much about music so I'm hoping Sean can help you out with this.

Thanks,
James Fleming

Thanks,
James Fleming 
Facebook
Discord

Awards: Has a court marshal on record. Created 3 liaison message in 3 month period. Add personal notes to their account. Has had another status other then active. Reported a bug on the website. Served more then 12 months on the team Created 3 assets or more in 3 month period. Has remained a member on standby for more then 28 days without quitting.
Created: 9/6/2015 12:02:05 PM
Updated: 8/17/2017 4:00:06 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 65
Member Follows 27

I don't have much experience in making sound effects, but it is a topic that I've been really wanting to learn! I know some of the general ideas like recording a bunch of sounds and mixing and editing them in a DAW like audacity to create a totally different sound, but I haven't actually tried it much in practice. I will put in the effort to learn how to do this, and I will enjoy learning the ropes!

Created: 9/6/2015 8:52:33 AM
Updated: 3/14/2021 3:36:36 PM

Game Sound Effects

Member Replies 748
Member Follows 126

Hello Shayn we are glad you could join us.  Do you have the ability to make sound effects as well?  Such as tank noise or mouse clicking sounds for the game?  I notice you have experience in making music which is great and the fact that you play piano is awesome too.  That is a talent I wish I had :).

Thanks,
James Fleming

Thanks,
James Fleming 
Facebook
Discord

SERVICES
Animator Artist 2d Artist 3d Audio Engineer Game Creation Game Producer Graphic Designer Marketing Package Asset Programmer Story & Asset Writer Tutorial Video Production
ARTICLE CATEGORY
Services