Why play a game called Armament by Thou CuratorBy: 1stLt Lead James Fleming Producer
- What makes are game enjoyable?
- We want an arcade feel to our game where units are a bit exaggerated in there abilities and weapon / explosions
- What replay value will our game have?
- The fact that no battle will ever be the exact same
- How do we connect the player to our game?
- By allowing them to customize there player as much as possible
- Who is our target audience?
- 12 to 45 year old that like strategy games
- Who is not our target audience?
- Peace keepers against violence and blood
- What continuous content can we keep making to add value to our game?
- Military units and abilities
- New military technology or even old
- What is the look and flow going to look like?
- We want a modern war GUI that allows for information to be easily seen and hidden
- What type of game play do we want to achieve?
- Arcade 100% this game should allow for quick game start and quick games somewhere around 30 to 40 minutes if the player chooses. To allow causal players to play and if a player wants a long war then setting can be adjusted to make that a possibility. Sometimes you just want to blow things up and sometimes you just need to get to the other side to achieve a goal for the game... or because you have kids that don't let you play games because they think they need thing that cant wait another 10 freaking minutes.
We are beginning the game with modern warfare which utilizes all known strategies and modern equipment, but we can add different time frames and different battlefields that add limitations which will challenge the player to win while utilizing a strategy the chose before the beginning of the battle: guerilla, Fabian, ambush, blockade, coup de main, debellation, infiltration, etc.
The player will want to be able to choose certain strategies once in the actual game but bonuses could encourage the player to follow the preselected strategies just to make things interesting.
Also, patterns in battle strategy could add to the player's reputations. I also think reputations should be displayed on the screen in a way that lets other players see them.
I think we might put this on the wishlist as something to look into.
Some thoughts on that might be to make units jerk backward when firing and oversized bullets/missiles etc. We want to take the boring out of firing a unit and make it something of an exaggeration with lots of visual ques.
Anyone thing else we can think of?
Fast paced gameplay with little regard to logic. Your right exaggerated movements / oversize bullets and explosions. Physics work differently as well. like when a unit fires a bullet they jump a little and maybe slide back due to the force. This would work really well with say for example a rocket launcher unit could fire a missle and be thrown back by the force.
This works really well with the anime art direction. Anime is all about exaggeration of physics and features
Lots of sliding i would imagine would fit this game well.
- A slight pause after the death of the player
- Shaking the screen or camera when hit
- Quick Bullets as in a machine gun fire rate
- Little animation in the menu system
- Adjust it so there is not a 100% accuracy hit rate and visual effects
- Music set the tone
- Fast Past / Action Pack
- Sound Effects
- When attacking make the sound with more bass in the tone of it or higher pitch
- When taking damage make it a lesser sound then when attacking even if the damage is the same value amount.