About UsWho we are:
Game Development for Professional & Hobbyist!We are passionate about game development. It is free to join and participate in any role you choose no matter your level of expertise.
Basic Team Requirements
- A windows 7 or higher computer to run software our team uses: Team Viewer, Microsoft Visual Studio, etc.
- You will need to be a self-starter. When you accept a new agenda it is up to you to participate and get that agenda done by researching and communicating with the producers or leads.
- You must play digital games (computer/console /mobile device) at least one hour a week.
- Must be able to learn new things within the field in which you have chosen to participate.
- Must have a computer with Internet access that can run game development or content creation software.
- Must have good communication skills via private message and forums. This is one of our biggest requirements.
- You must let your team know ASAP when an agenda is not on schedule.
- Asking for help through private message (PM) or the agenda messaging area.
- Notifying the lead or producer if an agenda's instructions are not clear enough. Please do this the moment you realize the instructions need clarification!
- Logging in to review the team progress using the forums, meeting notes, messaging, and any other means to keep updated on the team's goals.
- Communicating when you need to take time (more than a week) away from the team.
- Must be able to attend team meetings on-site or through teleconferencing computer software, we currently use Team Viewer.
- Must be able to learn how to use project management system (Our Member Website) for keeping track of task.
- Must be able to dedicate at least 5 hours a week to a task assigned. (That's just a guideline, not a firm rule. Our active developers soemtimes spend about 3-4 hours per day on the game.)
- You will need to agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement and Digital Assets Agreement.
Why Join?We are an active team and move quickly.
- Thousands of fans will see and enjoy what YOU have helped to create.
- This work will not be your job, but your hobby, so you can truly enjoy it and choose to work in the areas you like best.
- Add 'Thou Curator Game Development' on your portfolio.
- The team is ever growing and connecting with talented people from all over the world who share our same dream.
- Work at your own pace to learn and understand the industry.
- Unlike pro games, no commercial constraints such as money, time, overhead, or schedule can stop us. Only our own quality standards and talents determine how far we can go.
- The experience you gain here is exceptional because we don't settle for basic. We push our members to reach and discover the newest things in their fields.
- We are a fair, friendly, and happy team! With contributors from 11 countries currently, you can make new friends all around the world-all with talents and interests similar to your own.
- We have a unique license to our 3rd party products which we feel will ensure the success of the project and the integrity of the game we are creating.
- With our vision of 'free play', our projects will be well known in the free arcade gaming community.
- And finally, let's not forget bragging rights! Once you've begun contributing and earned your first rank you will be published on the website as a member.
Frequently Asked QuestionsWe all have them at times.
What happens if I cannot dedicate 5 hours a week as the minimum requirements say?
If you need some time off for vacation, school, or anything else you will just need to let your role leader or a producer know and they will set you to leave of absence.
How do I communicate with the team?
Our main form of communication is either Team Viewer or our website allows you to email whoever you need from our liaison/communication area.
How many games have you produced or made?
As a company, we are working on our first title, but as individuals, we have created one to four games as indie developers. This is something new we are trying and if it is successful we will continue to support it for our members.
What if I need help or I am lost as to what to do next?
It is as easy as asking your role leader or producer.
What is the minimum age you will allow to join?
We will accept anyone that can fulfill our requirements and is mature enough to be in an unfiltered group conversation. However, if you are under the age of 18 you can not be in a lead role.
What are we working on as our main focus?
We are all excited and focused on one project as we only do one at a time. Armament will be our focus until it's out for the community to enjoy.
We are all hobbyist at heart developing games using object-oriented programming languages, 2D imaging software, 3D modeling software, and a high-level physics engine. We invite you to join us if you have an interest in game development.
We use the newest Direct-X Xenko Game Engine and C#.NET 4.5+ for the coding and design. Modeling is done in Blender and 2D art is done in Gimp. We break down each assignment into manageable amounts of work which we call an "agenda" or "task".
Game Sound Effects
Game sound creates the game's musical score, sound effects, and voice acting.
A game designer is a person who designs the gameplay rules and structure of a game.
A game programmer codes a games Graphics, UI, Input processing, physics, AI, etc.
A game artist creates art and models in 2D and 3D for a game.
A video game producer is in charge of overseeing the development of a video game.
A public relations member handles our social media and social networking needs.
A Human Resources person develops and improves an organizations internal affairs.
A game tester analyzes video games to document software defects as part of a quality control.
An Information Technology person keeps an organization's hardware, software, and network up to date.